Wednesday, May 23, 2012

1 Million Lives Transformed

At our church, Initiative 22, Pastor Dwight often encourages us to join him in his prayer for one million people in Montreal to meet Jesus. I hadn't really thought about the magnitude of this prayer until this week. Being alone in the big city this week I've come to realize the depth of the brokenness in people's lives here. As I lay in my bed trying to fall asleep I couldn't block out the shouts of most likely a homeless woman shouting curses and using God's precious name in the same breath. I think about the large student population and the ongoing protests and violence and the man that walked with me half way to work begging for friendship. These are the people I'm praying for and I'm praying that God will use me to be salt of the earth and light of the world (Matt 5: 13-16). I pray for opportunity to share God's love and His Good News and that He will give me the words to speak and guide my actions.

I am reminded this week of the Chris Tomlin song:

You're the God of this City 
You're the King of these people 
You're the Lord of this nation 
You are 

You're the Light in this darkness 
You're the Hope to the hopeless 
You're the Peace to the restless 
You are 

There is no one like our God 
There is no one like our God 

For greater things have yet to come 
And greater things are still to be done in this City 
Greater thing have yet to come 
And greater things are still to be done in this City

No comments:

Post a Comment