Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Baking Banana Bread

This evening I had a little extra time on my hands since the pool was closed so I didn't have to go into work. I decided to bake banana bread! Here's how:

1. Get out your recipe!


2. Then your ingredients. You'll need:
3 very ripe bananas
1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp molasses
2 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp salt
chocolate chips 


3. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan (or in my case multiple mini ones - thanks to Netty Dyck! :) ) 


4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.


5. Start mashing!


6. Add in sugar, applesauce, oil and molasses. Mix! 


7. Sift in flour, baking soda, spices, salt and chocolate chips. Mixed until combined.


8. Fill up the pan(s) with the batter. Bake for 45 min if using one pan. 
These took about 30 min, I believe. 


9. Let cool and enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment