Friday, January 20, 2012

Free The Children

Hi everybody!

Today I had a great, great day and I want to share a little bit with you! There were so many good parts so I'll start from the beginning.

#1 Before I left for class this morning I got an email from the volunteer department at the Montreal Children's Hospital (just down the road from us on Tupper) offering me an interview! I've been wanting to volunteer at MCH for quite some time now so this is very exciting news!

#2 One of my closest friends in Montreal asked me today if she could come church with us!!! :)

#3 Tonight I had the privilege of attending the Desautels Business Conference for Sustainability. Craig Kielburger was the guest speaker and he was phenomenal. It was an honour to sit three rows away from someone so influential in international development and positive social change. He spoke of the day we will no longer need charities because, with enough support, countries and villages will be self-sustaining with sufficient sources of alternative income, clean water and sanitation, health care, and education. Craig encouraged us to consider our purposes in life instead of only our pay checks, and to recognize the influence and ability each one of us has to make a difference in our world today. Check out the video below to see how the Free The Children movement got started. I challenge you to take the time to look at their website and search for a way to get involved because we have the power to make a difference.


#4 Finally, I finished the night babysitting with Emily for our pastor Dwight and his wife Jess. They have two little boys, Nehemiah and Baby Malachi. There is something so wonderful about holding a new baby and I loved every minute of it!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your interview...I volunteer at BC Children's Hospital; it's such a rewarding experience! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zahra!! I hope it goes well, I'm really excited about it!

    ReplyDelete