Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Think Pink!

Today after school, Katie and I made very pink cupcakes in support of the Canadian Breast Cancer Society. With breast cancer being the second most common cancer in Canadian women today, affecting 64 new victims everyday, we decided to take action!

Katie and I are proud members of “Think Pink” McGill, hence the reason we were eager to make themed cupcakes for the upcoming bake sale. (For all of you McGillers, come on out and support a great cause from 10:00-3:00 tomorrow in Bronfman!)

Back in October, being the avid athletes that we are, Katie, Emily, our dear friend Tori, and I, all took part in the annual CIBC Run for the Cure. What an exciting day this was! After waking up to a wet and windy fall morning with tummies full of nerves, we made it out to Parc Maisonneuve and met up with the Think Pink team. To our surprise, the 5K was a piece of (cup)cake and we were ready to celebrate. (I realize I’m talking about this as if it were a marathon, but trust me when I say this was a big deal!) To celebrate, we hosted a pink brunch right here at 1900 Tupper. This was my kind of party! I am not exaggerating when I say EVERYTHING was pink! Pink pancakes, pink lemonade, pink tea, pink cupcakes, pink candles, pink balloons, pink streamers, pink flowers, pink cutlery, and of course, a pink dress code. We invited a few friends over to enjoy brunch together in the hopes of raising further awareness about a cause close to our hearts (literally). Both the run and the brunch were a huge success!

The best part is, armed with leftover pink decorations and an excessive quantity of pink food coloring, Valentine’s Day is right around the corner!




No comments:

Post a Comment