Saturday, April 27, 2013

Reflection

Today has been a day of reflection. The past two weeks have been quite an emotional roller coaster on Tupper as Kinsey went home for a week between exams and Katie and Jeremy packed up Katie's things and said farewell to Tupper for good leaving me here alone to fend for myself ;) Then Kinsey came and went again, leaving me here for another week. But today, with the sun shining, after breakfast out with a good friend and a skype date with another good friend, I said "Enough moping Emily Anne-Marie! Today is the day that the Lord has made. Let us be glad and rejoice in it!" So, I put on some work out clothes, got out my ipod, turned on some worship tunes and went for a run for the first time in well...too long. I can not express how refreshing that time was. It was a time dedicated to reflection, rather than the kind of "reflection" (ahem, daydreaming) that happens when I'm trying to study and it was definitely what I needed. Here's what I came up with:  

In a nutshell, I am blessed. 

Not in a nutshell, I have:

- legs that can run up the Atwater hill
- lungs that breathe fresh air
- two roommates who I have countless wonderful memories with (and still a month and half of more memories with Kinsey) 
- three new roommates next year to create new memories with and a new part of the city to explore
- a beautiful city to live in (it's easy to forget this in the winter months!) 
- an amazing church family in Montreal and back home 
- a stocked fridge
- clean water to drink, to shower in, to wash dishes in... 
- a university education 
- a summer job 
- friends and family to go home to, to call on walks home from school, to spend hours with on Skype when I don't feel like studying anymore 
- a God who provides and loves unconditionally 

...need I say more? 

So, one more exam to go for me then it's Kinsey's turn to be alone on Tupper for a few days while I'm back home. Then I come back to Montreal to start working at the Motor Control Lab where I've been working all year doing my thesis and Kinsey starts her LSAT prep course and that's as far ahead as I can afford to think at the moment! 

There will be lots more to blog about when Kinsey and I are finally reunited so keep checking the blog!  Lots of Tupper news to be unveiled in the near future but for now, it's back to the books for me! 

Hope you all are finding time to reflect and that it's been as rewarding for you as it was for me. 

Love, 
Emily 








No comments:

Post a Comment