Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Vision for the World

This spring I have had the privilege of interning at World Vision Canada. After travelling to Kenya last year at this time, I have since felt it on my heart to continue to be involved in the field and to further my knowledge of the non-profit world. After witnessing first hand the need that defines the lives of millions of children around the world, I was more than willing to help out behind the scenes.

When it comes to an organization, like World Vision, that supports 2 million people worldwide through their sponsorship program, administration is key. I spent a lot of time in the mail and banking department, reading letters from sponsors who consider their sponsor children their own; sending birthday cards off to children in countries like Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka, and Brazil; preparing portfolios for children in need of a sponsor family; and filing multiple forms of payment from generous donors. I found myself constantly amazed at people's generosity as I would file checks for five, five hundred, and even a thousand dollars.

The highlight of my time spent at WV was definitely the Wednesday chapel services where everyone gathers together to spend time worshipping and soaking in the message of influential speakers from around the world. I feel blessed to also have met some incredible people who work and volunteer in the office. It was so neat to work for such a wholesome organization and to know that everyone involved there loves Jesus and knows that the job they are doing furthers the work of His Kingdom. My time at WV was an invaluable experience and I have learned so much. If you are involved with World Vision or a similar program, thank you so much; and please know how much of a difference you personally are making in the lives of children and communities in need.


"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.' Matthew 25:40

No comments:

Post a Comment