Thursday, May 24, 2012

Scones!!

While I do love eating other people's baked goods, (particularly my roommates') I rarely do well baking them myself. When I'm not forgetting ingredients, I'm mixing them up or adding them in, completely out of order. Suffice it to say, I rarely bake. BUT this particular recipe for Cranberry and White Chocolate Stones is a piece of cake for all of you bakers and non-bakers alike. It's supposed to take 30 minutes, however, despite the additional 30 or so it took me after racing out last minute for a missing ingredient and misreading baking soda for baking powder... it was worth it!



(Notice the new hair cut!!)

Cranberry & White Chocolate Scones

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
6 tablespoons half-and-half
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries or 1/2 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
1/2 cup white chocolate chips (or pieces)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. 
2. In a bowl by hand or using an electric mixer, blend together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and butter.
3. Add the half and half, beaten egg, cranberries (I like the dried ones), and the white chocolate chips, and stir until the dough holds together.
4. Turn out onto a lightly floured board and knead for 2 minutes.
5. Form into a 1/2-inch thick round, then cut the round into 8 wedges (you can also make two smaller rounds of smaller wedges, if you like).
6. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil, then transfer the wedges to the sheet.
7. Bake the scones at 400 degrees F for 14 minutes or until golden brown.

Read more here!

No comments:

Post a Comment