Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Stew Stew Stew

To commence my weekly cooking challenge I made none other than Nancy Bowen's stew. There's nothing better than coming home to a steaming hot meal on a chilly day, which is everyday when you live in Montreal. While it does feel a bit odd cooking dinner food first thing in the morning, it's well worth it when evening rolls around.

{Beef & Vegetable Stew}
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cups of red wine, beef broth, or beef bouillon (presentation wise- wine turns it the best colour)
1 package of knor onion soup
beef bourguignon pieces - flour, and sear until just brown before adding to the stew 
1 bag of baby carrots
1 bag of mini potatoes - I like the red ones- halve them so they're bite-sized! 
mushrooms -sautee before adding to the stew
1 large onion
garlic 

Let it simmer for the day on low heat and come home to a delicious, ready-made dinner! 


P.S. Tonight I watched Julie & Julia, making me even more excited for my weekly recipe challenge. However, I can guarantee that I will not be boning a duck anytime soon, or ever for that matter. 

2 comments:

  1. 2 cans of golden mushroom soup not cream of mushroom :) - it looks like you used golden. mmmm
    try the chicken and croutons recipe sometime. that was good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to mention that Kinsey, while cooking has taken to announcing (with the perfect Julia Child accent) that she is in fact Julia Child. "I'm Julia Child" she says, dancing around the kitchen with a big grin on her face. It's really quite the sight. And tastes great too :) I'm happy to have her as a roommate, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete