Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Mastering The Art of {French} Cooking

Over the Christmas break I decided that I want to spend this next semester learning how to cook... how to really cook. I spent the break collecting recipes and talking to different sources, getting time-old tips and tricks. I have become quite fond of Ina Garten and her Barefoot Contessa line of cookbooks, one of which I got for Christmas. I also got a little French cooking journal by Julia Child and a new red apron!

As I write out my goals for the upcoming semester, one of them is going to be to try at least one new recipe a week. This morning I made a beef & vegetable stew in the crock pot for the first time so you can be expecting a post about that soon. Also, feel free to pass along any fool proof recipes as I have quite a few weeks to fill!

2 comments:

  1. Mmm! I too love to cook and will be making a croissant making class in March (a birthday present from my husband). That would be my suggestion, save a bit of money and take a HANDS ON cooking class. The lessons you learn are invaluable and it is also so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A croissant making class would be so much fun! I have taken a few cooking classes and really enjoyed them. I'll have to look into taking a few more in the near future for sure :)

    ReplyDelete