Saturday, February 18, 2012

In Honour of Family Day


This weekend, in honour of Family Day (for all of you Ontarians), my family came to Montréal. After stopping in Ottawa to pick up three of my cousins, Elia, Abby, and Emily, they were en-route to 1900 Tupper! I had dinner waiting for them when they got here– we started with a mixed green salad with avocados, blackberries, cucumbers, tomato, and goat cheese with a dijon vinaigrette; and for dinner we had a delicious pasta with sun-dried tomatoes, baby shrimp, and goat cheese, in a rose sauce. Finally, after so enjoying Emily's mini apple pies last weekend, I decided to make them myself and I think it's safe to say they were a big hit! 

This morning, after being woken up by Reese at 6:45, I made Chai Tea Pancakes for breakfast. They're easy to make and simply divine, definitely a 1900 Tupper favourite! Today everyone has been out and about, enjoying the abnormally warm Montréal weather; and while the big girls shopped, I had the pleasure of spending the afternoon with Reese and Emily. After swimming at the YMCA, we came home, popped a cheese pizza in the oven and got crafty. Tonight, before heading back to Ottawa, we're going to Reuben's Deli for their famous smoked meat sandwiches! YUM. 

Having my parents, cousins, and Sydney, Leah, and Reese here has been an absolute blast! I wish they could visit more often. This weekend is just the beginning of a very long-awaited Reading Week. I have some very exciting things planned, as do Katie and Emily, and I guarantee you'll hear all about them once we're back! Off to the books I go...but not really ;) 


Notice Reese sleeping on the bean-bag! 

Emily and Reese take on Montréal 

No comments:

Post a Comment