Thanks to our friend Justine and her great vegan recipes blog, we set out to make Coconut Quinoa Curry! It was really yummy and pretty easy to make. We also have Justine and her roomie Avrah to thank for the bottle of wine we enjoyed with the curry! (It was pretty good too!) Girls, you didn't even have to show up to make our night :)
Coconut Quinoa Curry
1 cup uncooked quinoa
An assortment of chopped vegetables
3 Tbsp coconut oil (evoo is okay too)
1 small onion
1 tsp cumin
3 Tbsp curry powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 Tbsp flour
2 cups vegetable stock
1 cup coconut milk
1) Heat coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat until melted.
2) Add chopped garlic and onion and cook for 4-5 minutes.
3) Add cumin, sea salt, and curry spices and stir well. Add flour very slowly. Add the vegetable stock very slowly to avoid clumping.
4) Stir in coconut milk and finally add the vegetables.
5) Simmer on low for about 30 minutes stirring every now and then.
6) While the sauce is simmering, cook the Quinoa according to the package directions.
7) Serve the curry over the quinoa.