Thursday, November 29, 2012

Nancy's Guacamole

While we may be in the home stretch, tonight I came home very hungry and made guacamole for the first time. Super easy, I know, but still blog-worthy mainly because I used Nancy's recipe. Nancy is Brad's mom, who is a ton of fun and a GREAT cook. Everything she makes is delicious and it was her guacamole that I tried for the first time and enjoyed so much; mind you, I had to fight my way into the bowl amidst of bunch of hungry boys. Thankfully tonight I have it all to myself :)

{Nancy's Guacamole}
1 or 2 avocados
Juice of 1 fresh lemon
2 crushed garlic cloves
Salt & pepper
Worcestershire sauce (couple of squirts)
Tabasco sauce (couple of shakes)
Mash the avocado and add all the other ingredients. Add a tablespoon or two of salsa at the end. (I didn't have salsa so I chopped up some tomato and onion instead!) If you aren't going to eat it right away keep an avocado pit in it so it stays green. It's better if it sits for awhile so the flavours can blend.

{ENJOY!}



No comments:

Post a Comment